Sunday, 5 September 2010


I haven't yet had any visible movement on the yeast starter I created yesterday, although it has basically only sat overnight and the temperature here has dropped a bit. I chucked a spoon in boiling water and then gave the culture a bit of a stir to rouse the yeast/aerate it. I'm unsure what's best to do - wait until I get activity or just forge ahead and pitch it anyway - I do have a failsafe packet of S04 in the fridge in case this doesn't get going. Although if it doesn't I won't be happy because this yeast cost over a fiver.

No comments:

Post a Comment