Monday, 6 February 2012
These all fermented out as they should with 16 and 17 going all bottles and 18 going into bottles and a couple of mini-kegs. I was very disappointed with all of them to start, the 16 and 17 being pretty one dimensional and the 18 seeming quite watery and boring. All have enhanced with a bit more time conditioning and they're all fairly drinkable now.
Because I was stuck in at the weekend because of being on call as emergency support for an upgrade happening at work, I decided to have a brewday. I decided to use up some scraps of malt and hops, but also a 2 tin Wherry kit that I got as a Christmas gift.
- 2.5kg Maris Otter
- 0.3kg Crystal Malt
- 0.08kg Munich Malt
- 0.1kg Carafa Special I
- 3kg Woodfordes Wherry extract kit
65c mash, for 90 minutes losing 1 degree. I collected 15L @1048 and 18L which should be slightly stronger (both fementers had 5L of water in before draining the kettle.