- 26L Water @ 70C
- 2.322Kg Wheat malt
- 1.7kg Lager malt
- 0.45kg Munich malt
So, things that went wrong:
- Wasn't able to insulate the stockpot/mashtun
- Mashtun lost about 10 degrees C over the hour
- Managed to get wort all over the hob
- Wort on the hob carbonised and welded itself to the hob during the boil
- Wort was 103?
- Managed to get some more wort by 'sparging' in another pan
- Overfilled the pot with water and grain and couldn't get the lid on
- Did a simple infusion mash where the recipe calls for a stepped infusion
Because of my lack of a chiller I had to leave the stockpot overnight to cool with a couple of towels soaked in sanitiser over the lid. Fortunately the lid is quite tight fitting.
I got 20L of 1042 wort into the fermenter and pitched a pack of WB-05. After 1 week it's down to 1014.