Monday, 29 November 2010

Bottled Belgian ale

Bit of a disaster with the new bottling bucket leaking at the tap. It didn't when I tested it the other day, but in turning the tap round to angle it so that I could actually get some beer out it loosened somewhat.

So it was a bit of a panic job rather than the relaxing filling of bottles I was expecting. Because of this I lost some beer, but still managed to get over 19L bottled, so not too bad. I also found a 2L bottle of beer #3 in the bathroom cupboard. That was in PET bottles and has been there since May 2009, so it is anybodies guess what it is like!

It was 1020 when bottled and was primed with 80g sugar dissolved in water and 75% of it added to the bottling bucket.

No comments:

Post a comment